Thursday, November 12, 2015

La Bella Vita


I don't know why I was waiting for an excuse to have a group of friends over this month!  It was so easy to whip together and fun to do.  I need to keep "La Bella Vita" in mind at all times.  It is a great reminder that friends, family and fun are really the most important part of life! I get wrapped up in my busy days and forget to soak in the good times!  That is why this get together was so special to me.  






My friends at Frangelico gave me the excuse I was looking for.  I was thrilled when they asked if Justin and I would host a little something at our house so that a small group could taste some of their signature cocktails and enjoy a nice relaxed evening together.


When they told us that Giada was their brand ambassador, we were inspired to bring a little bit of the Italian life into our Texas home.  


We covered our dining table in wooden boards and connected them with bunches of plump delicious grapes and mounds of antipasto treats for our guests to nibble on.  Of course we provided plates for those who wanted them but does anything suit La Bella Vita lifestyle more than savory finger foods?



We also set up an olive oil bar with varieties of olive oil and crostini. 


"I love incorporating the fresh ingredients I'm using in my cooking as decorations for the table."  - Giada  

Well, that was easy to do and so pretty!  Sprigs of Rosemary were mixed in with other greenery all over the house and it smelled so subtle but beautiful.  



We also added lemons and limes into our decor for pops of color against our white flowers and overflowing greenery.


We filled little Le Creuset Stoneware Mini Round Cocottes with pasta and passed them around the party.


We served some delicious cocktails using Frangelico.  I learned a lot because I always thought of Frangelico as an "after dinner drink" but these were amazing!  


Our friend Doug said that the Frangelico Old Fashioned was the best he had ever had - and it was so much fun to make!  Just stir 1oz Frangelico, 1oz Wild Turkey Bourbon, 1/4oz Triple Sec, 4 dashes of Angostura Bitters in a stirring glass and pour over ice.  Garnish it with a flamed orange peel.


If you have ever read this blog before, you probably know that I have been preaching about the punch bowl!  It is back and if you are serving a large group, this Italian Holiday Punch is a good choice!  
2 Parts Frangelico
3 Parts Pomegranate Juice
2 Parts Skyy Infusions Costal Cranberry
1 Part Lime Juice
1/2 Part Orange Juice
1/2 Part Honey Solution
Mix all ingredients together in a large serving bowl or pitcher.  Serve in an ice-filled glass.  Garnish with clove-stuffed orange slices.


I love a guest book alternative, like this gratitude jar from Wisteria.  Isn't it darling?  It comes with all of these beautiful papers and we asked each of our guests to write a little something they were grateful for and pop it in the jar.  I'm going to keep it in my home as a reminder for all that we have to be grateful for.


Party favor bags included her Giada's new cookbook and a bottle of Frangelico.


We expected rain but it turned out to be a beautiful night!  We added some flowers and candles to our tables out side and I was happy that people lingered out!


Flowers by Hope Hill Designs
Photography  by John Cain Sargent
Citrus provided by Sunkist Growers
Big Huge Thanks to Swell


Big thanks for reading about our evening celebrating La Bella Vita! 

This post is in partnership with Frangelico, a brand I love. All opinions here are my own. Thank you for supporting the affiliate posts who make this blog possible.

xxoo
Kimberly




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio